Continuing the tradition of organizing site-specific speciality conferences, the department of pathology, Tata Medical Center, Kolkata welcomes pathologists with interest in head and neck pathology and oral pathologists to attend this 2and a half-day Head and Neck Pathology course.
A galaxy of international and national experts who are authors of well known textbooks in Head and Neck Pathology and contributors to the WHO Head and Neck Pathology Series will deliberate on issues ranging from diagnostic pitfalls to newer entities to updates in the thyroid gland, salivary gland, sinonasal tract and oral cavity lesions together with educative slide seminars.
This also presents a unique opportunity to network with peers and leaders in the field and for students to identify training opportunities.
Scientific Programme :
- Minimizing grey zones in thyroid pathology – Dr. Asa Sylvia.
- Alphabet Soup of Thyroid Neoplasms NIFTP – Dr. Lester Thompson.
- Breaking Bad – what makes a good thyroid cancer go bad?- Dr. Asa Sylvia.
- Diagnostic approach to parathyroid lesions- Dr. Asa Sylvia.
- Squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck: Keratinising dysplasia (recent WHO changes) and select variants- Dr. Bruce Wenig.
- Challenging oral biopsies- Dr. Margaret Brandwein.
- AJCC 8th edition staging of the thyroid and oral cancer- challenges and controversies- Panel Discussion- Dr. Paromita Roy.
- Oropharyngeal cancer: Not your father’s cancer – Dr. Lester Thompson.
- Classification of Head and Neck Tumours: Nasopharynx-Update From the 4th Edition of the World Health Organization -Dr.Bruce Wenig.
- Epithelial lesions of the sinonasal tract – Dr.Shubhada Kane.
- Small blue round cell tumors of the sinonasal tract – Dr. Lester Thompson.
- Spindle cell lesions of head and neck (including sinonasal tract)- Dr, Bruce Wenig.
- Salivary gland tumours: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue- Dr. Lester Thompson.
- Pitfalls in the biopsy diagnosis of minor salivary gland neoplasms: diagnostic considerations and recommended approach – Dr. Bruce Wenig.
- Odontogenic and maxillofacial bone tumours- Update from the 4th Edition of the World Health Organization Classification of Head and Neck Tumours – Dr. Margaret Brandwein.
- Algorithm to seek out the primary in the unknown primary neck- Dr. Anita Borges.
- A melange of interesting cases.